Chichester High School
Chichester High School is a partner of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT). It is a School Direct Lead School providing secondary (11-16) and primary (5-11) school-based initial teacher training. Applicants can gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with the option to study for a PGCE with Masters' credits. Our HEI Provider responsible for the PGCE is Leeds Beckett University.
We offer a bespoke training programme: every training session is delivered by a highly skilled, experienced and enthusiastic teacher. Our training is relevant and responsive to current developments in education and provides a hands-on approach to classroom practice. We believe the best teachers are trained by outstanding practitioners.
About our school experience
We would like to offer candidates a morning's school experience which includes:
* a welcome/meet and greet with the Professional Mentor and subject teacher;
* meet with past and present SCITT trainees (if available);
* a lesson observation in the subject you wish to teach.
- Start and finish times
- 08:30am to 11.30am
- Dress code
Business dress, Cover up tattoos, Remove piercings
- Teacher training
Links to more information about our school
- Chichester High School website
- Chichester High School Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Chichester High School
- Performance information: Chichester High School
- Teacher training: Chichester High School
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 10 miles of the school
- Photo identification: A current passport or driving licence - TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expects all staff, trainees and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Kingsham Road, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 8EB
Yes - on site parking provided
Easy parking on site
- Disability and access details
We offer facilities and provide an inclusive environment for students, staff and school experience candidates with disability and access needs. We're happy to discuss your disability or access needs before or as part of your school experience request.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Design and technology