|Date||School phase||Experience type|
|7 June 2023||
Maths, History, Design and technology, Computing, Chemistry, and Biology
|In school||Start request|
Miltoncross Academy is a partner school of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT). offering secondary (11-16) school-based initial teacher training. It's School Direct Lead School is Chichester High School. Applicants can gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with the option to study for a PGCE with Masters' credits. Our HEI Provider responsible for the PGCE is Leeds Beckett University.
We offer a bespoke training programme: every training session is delivered by a highly skilled, experienced and enthusiastic teacher. Our training is relevant and responsive to current developments in education and provides a hands-on approach to classroom practice. We believe the best teachers are trained by outstanding practitioners.
About our school experience
We would like to offer candidates a half day school experience which includes:
* Welcome/meet and greet
* Tour of Miltoncross Academy
* Brief outline of our school-based teacher training programme with Q&A
* A lesson observation in the subject you wish to teach.
- Start and finish times
- 9.00am to 10.40am
- Dress code
Business dress, Cover up tattoos, Remove piercings
- Teacher training
Links to more information about our school
- Miltoncross Academy website
- Miltoncross Academy Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Miltoncross Academy
- Performance information: Miltoncross Academy
- Teacher training: Miltoncross Academy
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 10 miles of the school
- Photo identification: Photo identification: A current passport or driving licence - TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expects all staff, trainees and volunteers to share this commitment. Please do not enter the school if you are showing symptoms of Covid, and ideally, you should take a Lateral Flow Test prior to attending. If you are unable to attend your visit, please contact the ITT Administrations Manager as soon as possible.
- We kindly ask that you provide a Covid negative lateral flow test before visiting the school. If you agree, you could either complete a test in school on the morning of your visit (you would need to arrive at an earlier time than scheduled), or you can collect a test from the school to complete the night prior to your visit.
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Milton Road, Milton, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO3 6RB
Yes - on site parking provided
Car park at front of school.
- Disability and access details
We offer facilities and provide an inclusive environment for students, staff and school experience candidates with disability and access needs. We're happy to discuss your disability or access needs before or as part of your school experience request.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Design and technology