We offer the opportunity to shadow experienced practitioners and get a feel for life in the classroom and have the chance to speak with SCITT leaders about the requirements of the training programme.
About our school experience
- This is an opportunity to experience a day in the life of a trainee teacher. You will follow a timetable in your chosen subject and are encouraged to interact with the pupils and get involved. You will meet trainees past and present and also meet mentors and members of the YWTT leadership team
- Start and finish times
8.30am to 3.30pm
We can be flexible in that a candidate may do half a day if it is more convenient, either morning or afternoon and are able to start later and finish earlier.
- Dress code
Business dress, Cover up tattoos
- Teacher training
Yorkshire Wolds Teacher Training - a SCITT judged to be outstanding in all areas by Ofsted in 2019. We have a primary and secondary training programme. We have a large number of partnership schools and can offer a diverse range of placements across the East Riding and Hull area
Links to more information about our school
- Malet Lambert website
- Malet Lambert Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Malet Lambert
- Performance information: Malet Lambert
- Teacher training: Malet Lambert
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- James Reckitt Avenue, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU8 0JD
Yes - on site parking provided
The school has adequate parking for visitors
- Disability and access details
We offer facilities and provide an inclusive environment for students, staff and school experience candidates with disability and access needs. We're happy to discuss your disability or access needs before or as part of your school experience request.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16), 16 to 18
- Art and design
- Business studies
- Design and technology
- Languages (other)
- Religious education