Oxted School, part of The Howard Partnership Trust, is amongst the largest and most dynamic comprehensive schools in the country.
Founded in 1929, Oxted School is strongly rooted in the local community, and combines the traditions and values of the last 90 years with the very best facilities and the latest developments in Quality First Teaching. Our size allows us to provide a very broad curriculum and an extensive range of opportunities for our students. However, we work very hard to make a large school ‘feel’ small and ensure our students have a clear sense of belonging. Consequently, we believe that students get the best of both worlds: all the diversity and opportunity a large school brings with the personalised care, guidance and support a small school offers.
A personalised approach to education is at the heart of everything we do at Oxted, and students are provided with a broad curriculum catering for all interests. Students are encouraged to take pride in their work, and develop a passion for learning and personal development which will remain with them for the rest of their lives.
As a comprehensive school committed to providing opportunities for all, we set ambitious and challenging targets for all students and work together with them and their parents to meet, or exceed them. Our staff employ a range of teaching styles to challenge students, encourage independence and develop the broader skillset they will need in life.
However, a young person’s time in the classroom provides only a part of what they learn at school and we are committed to ensuring that students benefit from a huge variety of exciting, enrichment experiences. Academic rigor is combined with a strong emphasis on creativity and physical activity, both in lessons and beyond. Outstanding artwork, professional standard school productions, and captivating musical performances are hallmarks of the Oxted experience, and our sports facilities put us amongst the best state schools in the country. A sense of adventure pervades day to day life at Oxted, and we are proud to be amongst the largest Duke of Edinburgh centres in the country.
All of the above is supported by an inclusive House System providing tailored pastoral care, and a strong sense of belonging. Students leave Oxted School as confident, well-rounded, community minded individuals: ready to face life’s many challenges.
About our school experience
- Individual requirements:
During your placement you will have the opportunity to:
- watch a range of lessons and age groups being taught in your specialist subject
- talk to teachers and school leaders about day-to-day school life
- find out about career opportunities within the Howard Partnership Trust
- get advice from school leadership on starting a teaching career and the different routes into teaching
- Art and design, Biology, Business studies, Chemistry, Citizenship, Classics, Computing, Dance, Design and technology, Drama, Economics, English, French, Geography, German, Health and social care, History, Maths, Media studies, Music, Physical education, Physics, Physics with maths, Psychology, Religious education, and Spanish