Lyndhurst Primary and Nursery School
Lyndhurst Primary and Nursery School is a primary partner for the Manchester Nexus School Centred Initial Teacher Training Provider (SCITT).
Manchester Nexus SCITT exists for children and young people: improving their life chances, instilling the joy of learning, and nurturing their development and achievement. An unequivocal focus on excellence characterises our work, ensuring that everything we do is firmly rooted in the values that drive us – hope for the future, personalised learning and social justice.
Our mission is to train teachers who will inspire, challenge and support all their pupils, both now and in the future. Nexus teachers are committed. They are skilful, creative specialists in their subjects and age ranges who continuously develop their practice and help others to do the same. Our training fosters resilience with a balanced approach that recognises the importance of personal wellbeing amid the demands of this great profession.
About our school experience
- Manchester Nexus Primary Teacher Taster Day - 8.45am until 2.30pm. Anyone thinking about going into Primary teaching and/or wants some more experience. Come along to meet our pupils and team; find out why our school-led teacher training is excellent We have vast experience at delivering high quality school-led initial teacher training (previously through school direct) and we would like to invite you to find out more about what we do. This Teacher Taster Day will give you a genuine insight into a career in Primary Teaching. At this event you will: observe lessons, meet our pupils, and spend time in KS1 and KS2 classrooms meet previous trainees and newly qualified teachers and get to ask them the questions you would like answering learn more about our school-led route and how it is different to a university-led route find out about how to apply and what makes a strong application discover more about the interview process and pick up useful hints and tips Find out more about the profession of teaching and how you will be developed once you complete your training year. Attendees do not require a DBS, however we will require your date of birth to carry out a list 99 check.
- Start and finish times
- 8:45am to 2:30pm
- Dress code
- Teacher training
Manchester Nexus SCITT
Links to more information about our school
- Lyndhurst Primary and Nursery School website
- Lyndhurst Primary and Nursery School Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Lyndhurst Primary and Nursery School
- Performance information: Lyndhurst Primary and Nursery School
- Teacher training: Lyndhurst Primary and Nursery School
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times. Candidates will be accompanied at all times - Date of birth will be asked in advance of the event so a list 99 check can take place.
- Heron Street, Oldham, Greater Manchester, OL8 4JD
Yes - on site parking provided
If you are driving there is ample parking to the rear of the building but gates will be locked from 8:30am -9:00am whilst parents drop off children. There are surrounding streets for parking if necessary.
- School phases
- Early years, Primary (4 to 11)