Colley Lane Primary Academy
About our school experience
- You will observe a range of lessons and complete a number of different activities designed to give you a thorough understanding of a school day from a teacher's perspective. This could include working with students in class, supporting teaching activities alongside the class teacher or talking to students about their work. You will also have the opportunity to talk to a key member of staff, should you have any questions arising during the day
- Start and finish times
8.30am to 4pm
Please discuss any requirements when the experience is being arranged.
- Dress code
Business dress, Cover up tattoos, Remove piercings
- Teacher training
Yes - Windsor Academy Trust offers the School Direct initial teacher training programme in partnership with the University of Birmingham. We work with the University in recruiting and selecting trainees and provide a high-quality training programme which leads to the award of PGDipEd with QTS. As well as offering our own School Direct initial teacher training programme in partnership with the University of Birmingham, we have three strategic partners who we work closely with to offer school placements as part of their training programmes: University of Birmingham Haybridge Alliance SCITT Finally, we work with Teach First as a number of our schools can offer Teach First trainee placements.
Links to more information about our school
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: passport or driving licence
- DBS check required
Yes - when in school. Participants will need an up to date clear DBS check, you will need to bring the original copy with you on any visits
- Colley Lane, Halesowen, West Midlands, B63 2TN
Yes - on site parking provided
There is limited parking available on site but participants should be prepared for street parking.
- Disability and access details
- School phases
- Early years, Primary (4 to 11)