|Date||School phase||Experience type|
|28 April 2023||
Religious education, Physics, Music, Maths, Geography, English, Design and technology, Computing, Chemistry, and Biology
|In school||Start request|
Middleton Technology School
Pioneers Partnership SCITT, based at our lead school, Middleton Technology School offers experience in secondary education. Our values are aligned with that of the lead school: “In pursuit of excellence”. We strive every day to meet this challenge of excellence, and encourage all of our students to do the same, even though we know that this may test their resilience at times.
Why? Because our school vision is for every student, regardless of background or circumstance, to leave our school work and college ready.
About our school experience
A high-quality face to face school experience, providing:
-The opportunity to see how specific subjects are taught: observe lessons with our experts, focusing on key teaching skills
-The opportunity to learn more about the teacher training process
-The opportunity to speak to course leaders, current trainee teachers and mentors about the experience of training through a school-centered ITT course
- The opportunity to get advice about funding and the application process
- Start and finish times
9am to 2.15pm
Visit times will be negotiated with candidates
- Dress code
- Teacher training
Pioneers Partnership SCITT, based at Middleton Technology School, is an accredited school-centered secondary teacher training provider. We offer a 1 year route to QTS (with the opportunity to gain PGCE through our university partner).
Links to more information about our school
- Middleton Technology School website
- Middleton Technology School Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Middleton Technology School
- Performance information: Middleton Technology School
- Teacher training: Middleton Technology School
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: Passport or driving licence
- Candidates must have GCSE mathematics and English at Grade 4 (C) or higher and must be interested in applying for teacher training through a school-centered route in the Greater Manchester area
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Kenyon Lane, Middleton, Manchester, M24 2GT
Not available on site
Street parking is available close to the school
- Disability and access details
We offer facilities and provide an inclusive environment for students, staff and school experience candidates with disability and access needs. We're happy to discuss your disability or access needs before or as part of your school experience request.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Design and technology
- Religious education