About our school experience
- Candidates will have opportunities to observe teaching in a range of classes and interact with pupils within the classroom. Candidates will also be able to speak to a member of staff about the teacher training route (PGCE) offered by the Black Pear Teaching Alliance.
- Start and finish times
8.30am to 3.30pm
Alternative start and finish times could possibly be negotiated in advance.
- Dress code
- Teacher training
The Primary PGCE is an initial teacher training and education course, designed to empower you to become a confident and competent qualified teacher.
Rated as Outstanding by OfSTED (2023) the University of Worcester has a long standing reputation for training excellent, highly employable teachers. Personalised academic and professional tutoring, from a range of experienced tutors and
mentors, ensures that you will be supported throughout your course and in transition from trainee to an early career teacher.
Within our alliance we have a spectrum of schools including faith schools, first schools, nursery and primary schools and a Pupil Referral Unit situated in different types of areas, which ensures that all trainee teachers meet a wide variety of pupils.
In addition, we have experienced mentors to support you on your journey to become a teacher and several Specialist Leaders in Education working within the alliance. The University of Worcester, rated ‘Outstanding for primary and secondary teacher training’ by Ofsted, support and enhance our high quality training which ensures all requirements for PGCE and QTS are met.
Links to more information about our school
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: passport or driving license
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
Please contact ITT@blackpeartrust.org to arrange dates for school experience.
- School experience type
- In school
- Carnforth Drive, Worcester, Worcestershire, WR4 9HG
Yes - on site parking provided
Parking is available close to the school.
- Disability and access details
- School phases
- Early years, Primary (4 to 11)