Woldgate School and Sixth Form College
Woldgate is a school with a distinct vision for education. Our view of an outstanding school is based on shared values, where every child is known and cared for as an individual. To cultivate this, we build a supportive and caring community, where a child’s talents can grow through academic study and the opportunity to participate in the many activities, productions and visits that make Woldgate School unique. We are a school with a positive, welcoming, warm atmosphere, in which pupils take pride in their achievements and where each individual pupil achieves academically through consistently good teaching, in an environment that seeks to nurture their love of learning and challenges them to excel.
Founded in 1958, Woldgate’s original school motto celebrated the distinct education the school sought to bring. This motto is, for me, an integral part of our school life; it defines who we are as a community.
Everything you do should be worthy, of great merit, character and value.
Of great merit
The quality of being particularly good or worthy, especially deserving of praise or reward.
Of great character
The moral qualities that define an individual.
Of great value
The principles or standards of conduct we work to;
About our school experience
- You will have an opportunity to observe lessons being taught and see different styles of teaching . You will also be able to interact with pupils in lessons when they are completing tasks. We will also provide you with the necessary guidance to help you to apply to train to be a teacher
- Start and finish times
8.30 to 3.00
Start time is 8.30am as this gives staff an opportunity to meet you before lessons commence. If you need to leave earlier, we are able to accommodate.
- Dress code
- Teacher training
We are currently running a School Direct ITT programme in partnership with Leeds Becketts and we offer places in:
Links to more information about our school
- Woldgate School and Sixth Form College website
- Woldgate School and Sixth Form College Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Woldgate School and Sixth Form College
- Performance information: Woldgate School and Sixth Form College
- Teacher training: Woldgate School and Sixth Form College
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: Photo ID either a passport or a driving licence
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- 92 Kilnwick Road, Pocklington, York, North Yorkshire, YO42 2LL
Yes - on site parking provided
On site parking available in the staff car park.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16), 16 to 18
- Design and technology
- Physical education
- Religious education