About our school experience
* Welcome/meet and greet
* Tour of Shenstone School
* Brief outline of our school-based teacher training programme with Q&A
* An observation of activities
- Start and finish times
- 8:30 to 11:30
- Dress code
- Teacher training
The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) SCITT is an accredited ITT Provider offering secondary (11-16) and primary (5-11) school-based initial teacher training awarding Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with the option to study for a PGCE with Masters' credits. Our HEI Provider responsible for the PGCE is Leeds Beckett University.
TKAT SCITT provides primary and secondary teacher training for over 40 schools in our ITT partnership.
TKAT SCITT offers a bespoke training programme: every training session is delivered by a highly skilled, experienced and enthusiastic teacher. Our training is relevant and responsive to current developments in education and provides a hands-on approach to classroom practice. We believe the best teachers are trained by outstanding practitioners.
With us, you will gain confidence, skills and valuable experience. As a trainee, you will work alongside qualified teachers and provide a range of teaching and learning to ensure the progress of our pupils.
TKAT SCITT pride themselves on the communication and support they provide to trainees to enable them to successfully complete their training year.
TKAT SCITT also support trainees in finding a suitable Early Career Teacher (ECT) post.
Links to more information about our school
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 10 miles of the school
- Photo identification: Passport or driving licence
- DBS certificate (if held)
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- 94 Old Road, Crayford, Kent, DA1 4DZ
Not available on site
There is offstreet parking.
- Disability and access details
- School phases
- Primary (4 to 11)