St James's Church of England High School
About our school experience
- St James's School Direct Partnership offers school experience days across a wide number of subject areas. Our day involves meeting the ITT team, tour of the school, observations of lessons in your chosen area and meeting current trainees. Lunch is provided on the day for all visitors. We initially offer one day and then further days can be booked after the initial visit. We do not charge for the experience day, however if someone would like to do a long term placement, we would charge for any costs associated with completing an enhanced DBS.
- Start and finish times
- 9:15am to 3:30 pm
- Dress code
- Teacher training
St James's is the lead school in the St James's School Direct Partnership which offer the School Direct programme (we are part of The Bishop Fraser Trust)
Our school experience days are for those who do not already hold a training place
Links to more information about our school
- Must be applying to or have applied to our, or a partner school's, teacher training course
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 50 miles of the school
- Photo identification: Passport/ Driving Licence
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Lucas Road, Farnworth, Bolton, Greater Manchester, BL4 9RU
Yes - on site parking provided
Parking is available at the training centre although this is limited so you may be required to park on surrounding roads.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Physical education
- Religious education