St Mary's College, Voluntary Catholic Academy
St Mary’s College is pleased to welcome visitors via the DfE’s School Experience Programme to attend one of our regular ‘Open Days’ for prospective teachers.
St Mary's College is the lead school in a School Direct partnership with Hull SCITT. Our primary and secondary partner schools include The Marvell College, Kelvin Hall School, The Boulevard Academy and St Cuthbert's Catholic Academy Trust.
St Mary's College is a successful 11-19 co-educational Catholic school with a large, thriving Sixth Form and a strong specialism in P.E. and Sport. St Mary's College is rated 'outstanding' by Ofsted and tops all local league tables for its examination results and is ranked in the top 100 schools nationally for pupil progress. The college is proud of its 'International School' and 'World Class School' status and is a vibrant and diverse community where over 30% of the students have English as an Additional Language.
We have many years of experience in training new teachers and offer a supportive environment where trainee staff receive high quality mentoring and training, and benefit from being part of high performing teams.
We look forward to welcoming you to our college so you can see for yourself. The main contact for all matters related to SEP visits is Laura Fillingham - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Tel: 01482 808830
About our school experience
- Your day will consist of an opportunity to observe four lessons in your subject specialism and to have a Q&A information session with a member of our teacher training leadership team.
- Start and finish times
10:00am to 3.50pm
With prior approval
- Dress code
Business dress, Cover up tattoos, Remove piercings
- Teacher training
School Direct lead
Links to more information about our school
- St Mary's College, Voluntary Catholic Academy website
- St Mary's College, Voluntary Catholic Academy Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: St Mary's College, Voluntary Catholic Academy
- Performance information: St Mary's College, Voluntary Catholic Academy
- Teacher training: St Mary's College, Voluntary Catholic Academy
- They must have or be working towards a degree. They must be considering applying for teacher training.
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Cranbrook Avenue, Hull, HU6 7TN
Yes - on site parking provided
The site has several car parks
- Disability and access details
Disabled parking spaces. Disabled access to all buildings. Disabled toilets available. We're happy to discuss your disability or access needs before or as part of your school experience request.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Design and technology
- Physical education
- Religious education