Queen Elizabeth's Academy
About our school experience
The aim of the school experience days are to
- Show what a school is like
- To provide information on the routes into teaching
- Answer any individual questions on the teacher training process.
All school experience days include
- A session on the routes into teaching, by our experts.
- An opportunity to meet and chat with current trainee teachers.
- At least three lesson observations, we will aim for those to be within the subject area you were hoping to teach.
From the routes into teaching session you will gain information on school direct, uni led PGCE, teaching apprenticeships, the application process, the interview process, what to do to gain experience, finance and bursaries.
By meeting a trainee or an NQT you get to find out what the training year is really like and ask pertinent questions.
The time in the classroom will allow you to see if teaching is for you, and get to have a snapshot of the great provision the school provides for the pupils.
- Start and finish times
8:30am to 1:00pm
Please inform us of your needs.
- Dress code
- Teacher training
We are a member of Trent Valley Teaching School Alliance TVTSA and are a partner school for the school direct programme. Tuxford Academy an Ofsted outstanding academy as well as a designated OLEVI centre of excellence is the lead school for TVTSA.
Links to more information about our school
- DBS check required
Yes. DALP policy requires all adults working with children to have a DBS.
- Admin fees
£10.00 One-off, The fee is to be paid by bank transfer. The bank details and how to pay will be within the acknowledgement email. The fee will need to be paid within five days of making a booking to secure your place on the experience day.
Administration for the day only.
- Chesterfield Road South, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG19 7AP
Yes - on site parking provided
Onsite parking provided but spaces may be limited.
- Disability and access details
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Design and technology
- Health and social care
- Physical education
- Religious education