Bracken Lane Primary Academy
At Bracken Lane Primary Academy it is our aim, in partnerships with parents, to help our children enjoy their primary education years. It is important that children are happy, feel secure and achieve the very best that they can. We offer a stimulating, challenging and exciting knowledge-rich curriculum which offers all children a high standard of education and provides firm foundations for the future. We create an inclusive culture by ensuring that all children are empowered to achieve their full potential, contribute to the wider community and our world’s sustainable future.
About our school experience
The aim of the school experience days are to provide information on the routes into teaching and answer any individual questions on the teacher training process. All school experience days include a session led by our experts on the routes into teaching.
From the routes into teaching session you will gain information on school direct, university-led PGCE, teaching apprenticeships, the application process, the interview process, what to do to gain experience, finance and bursaries.
As well as observing lessons in a number of classes and having the opportunity to meet a trainee teacher.
- Start and finish times
- 08.30 to 13.00
- Dress code
- Teacher training
We are a member of Diverse Association for Professional Learning and are a partner school for the School Direct Program.
Links to more information about our school
- Bracken Lane Primary Academy website
- Bracken Lane Primary Academy Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Bracken Lane Primary Academy
- Performance information: Bracken Lane Primary Academy
- Teacher training: Bracken Lane Primary Academy
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- They must live within 20 miles of the school
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Bracken Lane, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7EU
Yes - on site parking provided
On site parking is provided, although spaces may be limited
- School phases
- Early years, Primary (4 to 11)