The Richmond Hill Academy
An SEP day at one of The GORSE Academies Trust academies will allow you to observe excellent teaching and learning across the full range of Key Stages. You will have the opportunity not only to observe lessons but also see a range of teaching styles, as well as talking to key professionals about routes into teaching. You may also be able to speak to many of our trainees and alumni about their route into teaching and how they found their teacher training year and the subsequent ECT year. At the beginning or end of your day you will also be met by the Professional Mentor in each academy to reflect on your day and see if we can support your journey into teaching any further.
About our school experience
The GORSE SCITT is the Outstanding teacher training arm of The GORSE Academies Trust. Our SEP offer is an opportunity for you to “try before you apply” to train on our Outstanding and World Class schools in both the Primary and the Secondary phases. Please visit our website: www.gorsescitt.org.uk
Our SEP offer is:
• You can spend one day in one of our Trust schools or in one of our partner schools, in the first instance and this will be free of charge.
• We do not, for this day, require a DBS as you will be fully escorted at all times.
• You need to either already hold a degree, ideally with a classification of a 2:2 or above, or be in your second or third year of your studies
• Further days can be considered if it is your intention to apply to us for a place on our programme.
- Start and finish times
- 8:15am to 3:30pm
- Dress code
Business dress, Cover up tattoos, Remove piercings
- Teacher training
GORSE SCITT, an Outstanding provider of Teacher Training, co-ordinates the school experience programmes running in its various partner schools. This allows, for many people a seamless route from School Experience to a well-informed application for teacher training
Links to more information about our school
- The Richmond Hill Academy Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: The Richmond Hill Academy
- Performance information: The Richmond Hill Academy
- Teacher training: The Richmond Hill Academy
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: Passport or driving licence
- Please contact us regarding any relation to a student at our schools prior to booking.
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
We offer placements in all subjects across all phases throughout the school year. We follow the Local City Council school holiday pattern.
Richmond Hill Academy accommodates visitors on: Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays.
- School experience type
- In school
- Clark Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS9 8PN
Not available on site
On street parking, please park on Oxley Street.
- School phases
- Primary (4 to 11)