|Date||School phase||Experience type|
|4 July 2023||
West Exe School
Our school is part of the Ted Wragg Trust, an ambitious and inclusive Trust of schools strengthening our communities through excellent education. The Ted Wragg Trust puts children at the centre of all we do, delivering high quality, knowledge rich and an inspiring curriculum. Our caring and inspirational team work together to equip students with the knowledge, skills and experience to become compassionate and courageous citizens, determined to make the world a better place.
About our school experience
Attending our school experience events will support candidates to make informed applications to teacher training. A day at West Exe will involve:
* an overview of the mission and values of our Trust of schools
* a taster session of training with our SCITT, South West Teacher Training
* training in how to observe lessons
* a guided 'learning walk' to observe a variety of subjects, including the subject you are most interested in
* guided reflection time
* an overview of our teacher training programme and support to develop an application.
- Start and finish times
1pm to 4.05pm
We would be happy to discuss this with potential visitors.
- Dress code
- Teacher training
West Exe School is the lead school for South West Teacher Training (SWTT), a school-centred initial teacher training provider. The team from SWTT will lead the experience.
Links to more information about our school
- West Exe School Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: West Exe School
- Performance information: West Exe School
- Teacher training: West Exe School
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: Passport or driving licence.
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Hatherleigh Road, Exeter, EX2 9JU
Yes - on site parking provided
Parking is available on site and on the street outside the school.
- Disability and access details
We offer facilities and provide an inclusive environment for students, staff and school experience candidates with disability and access needs. We're happy to discuss your disability or access needs before or as part of your school experience request.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Art and design
- Design and technology
- Physical education
- Religious education