Ark Acton Academy
About our school experience
• Welcome with tea/coffee
• Introduction and overview of Ark (SLT with Q&A)
• Tour of the School
• Observe a lesson
• Review of observed lesson
• Student panel
• Observe break time routines
• Lunch and ATT overview by ATT representative (with Q&A)
- Start and finish times
9:00am to 2:00pm
This will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- Dress code
- Teacher training
Ark Teacher Training is a school direct programme that offers you the perfect mixture of theory and classroom practice to develop you into the best teacher you can be. At Ark, we believe that every child, regardless of their background, deserves to have access to a great education which is why we recruit the bright, motivated, and diverse graduates and career changers to train to teach with us.
We are very proud to be one of only a few teacher training providers across the UK to receive two consecutive ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted ratings in all categories, in 2017 and 2022. Unlike a university based PGCE, you will be based at Ark Acton Academy from day one, making a positive impact on your students while you train.
At Ark Acton Academy your training year will include:
• independent teaching
• team teaching
• professional studies training
• subject specific training
• 1:1 coaching and mentoring
• guidance and time built in to work on PGCE assignments (2 for the year)
By the end of your training year, you will have achieved QTS (Qualified Teacher Status), 60 credits towards a Master’s degree, and a PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education). Even better, you will be able to progress on to our highly supportive ECT (Early Career Teacher) Induction to continue developing and making a positive impact to your students. Better still, our programme is incredibly supportive – you will be trained by expert teachers and leaders and your wellbeing will be prioritised at all stages of your training.
All of this makes Ark Teacher Training at Ark Acton Academy the perfect start to your successful career in teaching.
Links to more information about our school
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: Driving licence or passport
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK. We are unfortunately unable to accept candidates on/requiring the skilled worker/tier 2 work visa
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Gunnersbury Lane, Acton, London, W3 8EY
Not available on site
Street parking can be found in some nearby streets, but this can be limited. We advise arriving by public transport to Acton Town underground station or using local bus services.
For employees/visitors requiring access arrangements, these can be arranged on a case by case basis.
- Disability and access details
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16), 16 to 18
- Business studies
- Religious education