Our mission at Rye College is to 'create bright futures for all'. With this is mind, we work hard to ensure every child is happy and well supported on their educational journey with us. We want every child to grow and flourish in our care.
Our college is set in the attractive heart of 1066 country and is a place where students feel safe and have space to learn. We pride ourselves on
being a closely knit community where young people are known as individuals and where their talents are nurtured and celebrated.
We are excited to share our excellent practice with people interested in training to teacher or develop skills in the field of education. We have strong links with local and regional training providers. Join us on our exciting journey!
About our school experience
- We offer a range of experiences including: observing lessons and different teaching styles; interacting with pupils; seeing how specific subjects are taught; learning more about the teacher training process.
- Start and finish times
8.30 to 3.30
We allow some flexability for candidates.
- Dress code
- Teacher training
We partner with KMT (Kent and Medway Training) as well as having links with Bromley Schools Collegiate (BSC) and East Sussex Teacher Training Partnership.
Links to more information about our school
- Rye College website
- Rye College Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Rye College
- Performance information: Rye College
- Teacher training: Rye College
- Photo identification: Passport or driving license
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
We offer in-school experience all year round, term time only.
- School experience type
- In school
- The Grove, Rye, East Sussex, TN31 7NQ
Yes - on site parking provided
We have ample on-site parking.
- Disability and access details
We offer facilities and provide an inclusive environment for students, staff and school experience candidates with disability and access needs. We're happy to discuss your disability or access needs before or as part of your school experience request.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Art and design
- Design and technology
- Physical education