Ark Soane Academy
About our school experience
- Introduction and overview of Ark and Ark Soane (with Q&A)
- Overview of Ark Teacher Training (with Q&A)
- Tour of the School
- Observe a lesson(s) followed by reflections on teaching
- Student panel
- Observe break time routines (if appropriate)
- Chance to hear from a current trainee (if available)
- Start and finish times
10:00am to 2:00pm
This will be reviewed on a case by case basis, however the schedule for the day will run from 10am to 2pm.
- Dress code
- Teacher training
Ark Teacher Training is a school-based teacher training programme that offers you the perfect mixture of theory and classroom practice, developing you into the best teacher you can be. At Ark, we believe that every child, regardless of their background, deserves to have access to a great education which is why we recruit the bright, motivated, and diverse graduates and career changers to train to teach with us.
We are very proud to be one of only a few teacher training providers across the UK to receive two consecutive ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted ratings in all categories, in 2017 and 2022. Unlike a university based PGCE, you will be based at Ark Soane Academy from day one, making a positive impact on your students while you train.
As a trainee teacher at Ark Soane Academy, you will benefit from:
- independent teaching
- team teaching
- professional studies training
- subject specific training
- 1:1 coaching and mentoring
- guidance and time built in to work on PGCE assignments (2 for the year)
By the end of your training year, you will have achieved QTS (Qualified Teacher Status), 60 credits towards a Master’s degree, and a PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education). Even better, you will be able to progress on to our highly supportive ECT (Early Career Teacher) Induction to continue developing and making a positive impact to your students. Better still, our programme is incredibly supportive – you will be trained by expert teachers and leaders and your wellbeing will be prioritised at all stages of your training.
All of this makes Ark Teacher Training the perfect start to your successful career in teaching.
Links to more information about our school
- Must not have been accepted onto another teacher training course
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: Driving licence or passport
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK. We are unfortunately unable to accept candidates on/requiring the skilled worker/tier 2 work/any sponsorship visa
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Gunnersbury Lane, Ealing, London, W3 8EA
Not available on site
Unfortunately, we do not have on-site parking and advise that you travel to our school using public transport as detailed below.
Underground: Acton Town (Piccadilly and District lines) - 8 minute walk / Bus: E3, H40, 7,467/427 and 207 buses stop nearby.
For visitors requiring access arrangements, please review the accessibility details below and contact us if you require more information.
- Disability and access details
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16)
- Business studies
- Religious education