Barrow Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
Barrow Primary is a rural first school currently full to capacity with 149 pupils aged 4-9 on roll. ASP data from 2018 shows that 90% of children are from a white British, Christian background. The percentage of children in receipt of the Pupil Premium funding is 13% with SEN children making up 6% of the school population. There are currently 4 EAL children.
The latest OFSTED inspection in October 2011 judged the school to be Outstanding overall, with gradings of 1 in every category. The current Headteacher, appointed permanently from January 2015, is very effectively supported by three senior leaders; two part-time Deputy Headteachers (teaching & learning) and an Assistant Head (pastoral). The highly skilled teaching staff work collaboratively with the SLT and experienced part-time teachers with specific expertise. Staff demonstrate a shared commitment to continuous improvement, which is evident in levels of planning, support and positive relationships.
About our school experience
Observing lessons across all key stages.
Discussions with staff.
Working alongside pupils.
- Start and finish times
8.30am to 3.30pm
Timings can be earlier or later as required.
- Dress code
Cover up tattoos, Smart casual
- Teacher training
Suffolk & Norfolk SCITT and The Faculty of Education in Cambridge
Links to more information about our school
- Barrow Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School website
- Barrow Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Barrow Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
- Performance information: Barrow Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
No requirements specified
- DBS check required
No - Candidates will be accompanied at all times.
- Colethorpe Lane, Barrow, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP29 5AU
Yes - on site parking provided
Car parking is available at the front of school and in addition we have a car park in front the pre-school next door.
- School phases
- Early years, Primary (4 to 11)