Notre Dame High School, Norwich
We are a high-achieving school (11-18) with a very special, warm and welcoming ethos, which is recognised by all who visit. We are active members of the St John the Baptist Multi-Academy Trust and are also a Teaching School and Research School.
As a faith-based Catholic school we aim to give each young person the greatest opportunities in life. Our vibrant community of 200+ staff are committed to providing a rounded education that develops knowledgeable, morally informed and compassionate young leaders.
About our school experience
- We offer a one-day observation in one or two subjects supervised by experienced subject teachers. During the observation period, candidates will have the opportunity to discuss the curriculum and ask questions about teaching. The Notre Dame Professional Tutor for ITT will also be available to discuss teacher training.
- Start and finish times
8.30am to 3.30pm
We usually offer 2-5 lesson observations each day depending on the candidate's schedule and availability of suitable classes within the school.
- Dress code
- Teacher training
We are a lead school for:
Suffolk & Norfolk SCITT - https://suffolkandnorfolkscitt.co.uk/
UEA Secondary PGCE - https://www.uea.ac.uk/web/about/school-of-education-and-lifelong-learning/initial-teacher-education/secondary-pgce
Links to more information about our school
- Notre Dame High School, Norwich website
- Notre Dame High School, Norwich Get Information About Schools
- Ofsted report: Notre Dame High School, Norwich
- Performance information: Notre Dame High School, Norwich
- Must have a degree
- Photo identification: Valid photo ID should be brought to school on the day of your visit
- DBS check required
No, candidates will be accompanied at all times.
We offer career experience placements throughout the school year.
- School experience type
- In school
- Surrey Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 3PB
Not available on site
Notre Dame is very close to the Norwich Bus station.
Car parks on the following streets are all within 5 minutes of the school: St Stephens (multi-storey), Ber Street (RCP), Rouen road, Queens road.
- Disability and access details
We offer facilities and provide an inclusive environment for students, staff and school experience candidates with disability and access needs. We're happy to discuss your disability or access needs before or as part of your school experience request.
- School phases
- Secondary (11 to 16), 16 to 18
- Art and design
- Business studies
- Design and technology
- Physical education
- Religious education
- Social sciences